POEMS. Lewis W. Townsend.

POEMS.

Pp. [ii]+22(last blank), title and contents within decorative borders; beige textured paper wrappers with flap folds, lettered and decorated in brown, edges a trifle rubbed; fore-edges uncut; free endpapers slightly offset, a couple of spots of foxing; High House Press, Shaftesbury, Dorset, 1925. Edition limited to 158 copies; this one of 143 copies on antique laid paper. Ridler p. 157. *The decorative border was designed by Pickford Waller. The High House Press was founded by James Masters in 1924. At first, the entire work of the Press - typesetting, press-work, editing, etc. - was done by Masters alone, but after 1927 his wife helped with the typesetting. In 1936 James and Beatrice Masters moved to Westbury-on-Trym, where the High House Press operated for another four years. In all, they published 42 books, of which six were chosen by the First Edition Club as one of the Fifty Books of the Year. Item #134032

Price: $80.00

See all items by